Tuesday, June 30, 2009

memories of grandma

I love so many things about grandma, she was always loving and gentle and happy. I'll always remember the smell of grandma's house, and how excited I was to see her. I have so many wonderful memories of her, here are some of them:

  • her carmel popcorn - delicious
  • giving me 'sweet dreams' kisses on my eyelids at bedtime
  • yummy suckers - rootbeer, cinnamon, and butterscotch were my favorites
  • sitting on the porch watching the hummingbirds together
  • getting me all cozy and warm, with hot jello and blankets, after going sledding
  • sitting by the fish pond as we played around it
  • her loving smile and huge hug whenever I saw her
  • breakfast at her house - we got to choose our own mini cereal boxes AND put sugar on our already sweetend cereal
  • playing with the toys under the sewing machine, the snake was my favorite
  • "I love you thi-i-i-i-i-i-s big"
  • listening to stories she recorded on tape for us when I was little
  • gently reminding me to be careful as I climbed all over the rocks outside
  • sitting in her chair making afghans
  • giving me treats from her candy dish on the mantel
  • her unconditional love
She was such a loving sweet grandma - the best! I already miss her. I'll keep trying to grow up to be just like her.






No comments:

Post a Comment